Caring for a loved one or family member who is aging or ill can be necessary and rewarding — and yet it can often be difficult and frustrating as well. Highland Valley Elder Services offers caregivers assistance and support to ease the strain and reduce the challenges of caregiving.
Call us at (413) 586-2000 to find out more about our our Family Caregiving Services.
About Family Caregiver Services
We recognize the potential emotional, physical and financial strain of caregiving, as well as its pleasures. If you are caring for an elderly family member, we can connect you with a wide range of support services to help you — including nursing, meal services, support groups, financial services and more.
Eligibility to access all services through our Family Caregiver Support Program:
- An adult (18+) who is caring for someone over the age of 60.
- An adult who is caring for someone of any age with an Alzheimer’s or dementia diagnosis.
- An adult over the age of 55 who is caring for a grandchild under the age of 18.
- An adult over the age of 55 caring for someone with a disability aged 18-59 who is not their child.
- At least one person (caregiver or care recipient) must reside in our service area.
*Information and many resources can still be provided to individuals that do not meet the eligibility criteria, so please call our Information & Referral department at any time: 413-586-2000.
It’s All About Choices
Our Home Care services are available to eligible elders aged 60 and over.
Quality long living sometimes means getting a little help in your home. That's where Highland Valley's Care Advisors and Nurses can enter the picture.
We work with elders and their families to design care plans that provide what they need, in order to manage care at home.
And once a care plan is in place we regularly support you, and offer guidance about additional services if needed.