JOB SUMMARY: This position manages all aspects of the Nutrition Program including
food service, community and home-delivered meal programs.
AUTHORITY: This position reports to the Executive Director.
EXPERIENCE: Must have at least five (5) years experience in cooking and
supervision of food service staff, purchasing, menu planning, and
volume feeding. Knowledge of all state and federal sanitation and
safety codes as well as food safety regulations.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Oversees all activities within the food service component of the program.
- Selects, trains and supervises the kitchen staff in the following areas: food preparation, food sanitation and safety; compliance with regulations in the preparation of daily meals; receipt, checking, storage and inventory of all food (including USDA) and other supplies.
- Purchases food and equipment for program continuity.
- Coordinates the production and delivery of meals through supervision of the Food Packing Supervisor and Site Coordinators.
- Prepares monthly menu with the nutritionist.
- Oversight of participant-model food service program.
Hiring and supervising Site Coordinators and education and support of contracted sites.
- Oversees the Nutrition Advisory Council made up of program stakeholders
and Council On Aging representatives.
- Prepares reports on the nutrition program as required.
- Monitors and evaluates nutrition, quality and budget.
- Ensures the program operates within applicable federal, state and local regulations.
VII. Participates in training and development activities to keep up with knowledge and skills leading to strong performance in this position.
VIII. Program Development & Quality Initiatives
- Provide team leadership for managing and developing the program.
- Assist in ensuring agency compliance with EOEA contracts, federal grants
- Provide team leadership as new programs and services are developed to
meet the needs of populations seeking aging and disability programs.
- Assist in fund development and grant activities.
- Participate in a strategic quality assurance program that ensures
compliance with AAA and EOEA performance standards.
- Additional Job Requirements
- Other tasks as assigned by supervisor to meet agency needs.
- Environmental Conditions
Work is 75% indoor office work; 25% outdoor (i.e. travel to attend
required meetings, presentations and trainings).
- Physical Requirements
- While performing duties of position, employee will be required to
sit/stand for extended periods.
- Working knowledge of computers, applicable software, databases
and capacity to see computer screen and read written material.
- Capacity to communicate verbally with staff, supervisors,
consumers and community.
- Capacity for the fine manipulation with use of office equipment.
- Capacity for occasional reaching, lifting or bending.
- Work Environment Expectations
- Available to work a salaried position with primary hours daily M-F,
8AM-4PM. No weekend or holiday work is required.
- Ability to drive as the position requires.
- Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: from $65,000 per year
Submit cover letter and resume to: