JOB SUMMARY: To increase living options for elders by developing, implementing and monitoring a service plan, using a comprehensive assessment procedure, which will best assist an elder to maintain the living arrangement of his/her choice.
AUTHORITY: This position reports to and is supervised by the Home Care Program Director and the Home Care Supervisor.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Link and coordinate resources with elders.
Make comprehensive assessments through field interview and observation. Conduct monitoring visits at regular intervals and as needed.
- From this assessment, develop and implement a service plan, make referrals to appropriate agencies and follow up on these referrals.
- Act as an advocate to/with the consumer when necessary.
- Maintain the case file by completing all mandated paperwork in a timely fashion according to required documentation standards.
- Provide Information and Referral services.
- Participate in Highland Valley’s development of comprehensive community programming efforts.
- Participate in training and development activities to increase knowledge/skills for continuous strong performance in this position.
- Participate in required quality performance initiatives within program area.